The Twin Cities is a large metropolitan area composed of Minneapolis and St. Paul. This bustling US region experiences extreme temperatures throughout the year. Winters are colder here compared with other cities. The area also experiences hot summers due to its location and the urban heat island effect.
To help battle the changing temperature, Garlock-French Corporation recommends metal roofing in Minneapolis. Metal has been currently used in roofing because of its durability, beauty, and energy efficiency. It is ideal for homes around Minneapolis and St. Paul because of the following reasons:
1. It will not crack and shrink under extreme pressure.
2. It can handle heavy snow loads and storms. Metal roofs from Garlock-French Corporation are specially installed to withstand strong winds.
3. It will protect homes from elements for 50 years or more.
4. It has low life cycle cost because you won’t have to replace them anytime soon. Metal roofing also requires little maintenance.
5. It can lessen your energy consumption during summer. Instead of absorbing heat, it reflects solar energy.
Metal roofs do more than protect your home. This type of roofing comes in a wide variety of system styles, including vertical panel, stone-coated, long horizontal, and shingle type. It also comes in different colors and sizes of panels for added curb appeal.
To further prove how efficient metal roofing is, here are some of the other benefits it provides:
- It is safe to use even in lighting storms. When lightning strikes the roof, it disperses the energy throughout your home to the ground.
- It comes with special coatings that prevent rust. The paint applied over the coatings is also long-lasting.
- During rainstorms, metal roofs are actually quieter, compared with other materials.
If you’re looking for roofing contractors in Minneapolis that offer quality metal roofs, look for Garlock-French Corporation. We offer custom metal roof replacement, repair, and maintenance around the entire Twin Cities. After servicing homes for over 80 years, we know what type of roofing is ideal for the weather in Minnesota.
Aside from metal roofing, we can also clean and inspect your gutters. These provide added protection to your siding, landscaping, and basement. To schedule a consultation, call us at (612) 444-8900 or fill out our contact form.